Preamble: A potential customer recently asked for a comparison between our DiaoSeal standard seal service, priced at $550.00 and other more affordable leaking shower repair, no tile removed competitors offering shower repair services at a cost of between $280.00 and $440.00.
Over the past few months, there have been many businesses showing up on the internet. Almost all of these so called competitors use phrases like, Affordable Leaking Shower Repair or No Tiles Removed. But the reality is that most of these companies are using lower grade products and offering an inferior service at a reduced price.
We believe that educated purchasers, provided with the proper information can sort through the lies and compare equal quality products and service.
Here are some basic facts and questions to ask that will help you on your quest.
Our DiaoSeal Service: All inclusive $550.00
Our competition $280.00 - $440.00
1. Pressure test on the breeching piece & assembly
2. A full tap service will be carried out on standard spindle assemblies. This includes: ‘O’ rings, fibre washers, jumper valves and reseat.
3. Remove mouldy silicone & sealants within the shower area.
4. Prepare the wall & floor tile junctions & internal vertical wall tile junction for the DiaoSeal product using purpose engineered diamond 1.6 – 6mm diameter durs.
5. Prepare the internal of the floor grate and waste riser for sealing.
6. Removal of existing wall grout from the shower rose down to the floor, including hob areas.
7. Re-grout wall tiles using a smooth, flexible, mould resistant grout with added abrasion and stain resistance.
8. Clean existing floor grout, Top-up floor grout in any erosion, holes or pitting has occurred within the life of the existing grout.
9. DiaoSeal application to prepared internal corners. DiaoSeal is a two part epoxy and the application is in form of a 5mm coving.
The product will be colour- matched to the shower to give a neat appearance.
DiaoSeal has been specifically designed for wet area sealing and has the strength to withstand normal building movement.
It will not crack, deteriorate or let water penetrate through the junctions. It does not dissolve and is not weakened by strong chemical cleaning agents.
10. Seal the internal of the floor grate and riser to prevent waste water egress under the floor tiles due to capillary action.
11. Floor grout hydro barrier application. Our DiaoSeal hydro-barrier is a clear, high pH, deep penetrating siloxane waterproofing solution; it penetrates in to the tissue of porous substrates and creates a waterproofing barrier below the surface preventing the ingress of water.
12. Wall tile and grout sealer application; a clear sealer applied to the entire tiled surface area of the shower. This sealer deeply penetrates the grout, narrowing the pores, to help strengthen and seal it. Any micro fractures in the glazing of the tile will be sealed. This prevents any unnecessary tile removal.
13. Sealing of tap penetrations behind flanges.
14. Seal the shower screen internally using high performance neutral cure silicone sealant designed to resist the growth of mould and mildew in high humidity.
15. Your shower is now professionally sealed and guaranteed against leakage for a full twelve (12) years.
1. Do you check the plumbing for leaks and service the taps?
2. Do you remove all existing silicone & sealants?
3. How do you guarantee adherence of your product (a drill bit, is not sufficient).
4. How do you prevent capillary action of waste water?
5. Does your price include removal of existing wall grout and regrouting? (refacing or patching is not regrouting)
6. Do you repair (Top-up) the existing floor grout or just seal the existing?
7. What is the product you use to seal the internal wall & floor junction (corners) of the shower?
C. Polyurethane sealant.
Do you colour match the product to the tiles? What is your guarantee on the application?
8. Do you apply a sealer to the wall tiles? and the new wall grout?
9. Do you apply a sealer to the floor grout? Ask: out of interest how does this work?
What is the difference between the wall grout sealer and floor grout sealer?
You may have natural stone which requires a specialised sealer, if you do ask what supplier and Sealer will they be using.
Cheaper competitors use all-in-1 sealers from Bunning’s. We are happy to promote and use Aquamix products and sealers for all natural stone work.
Note: we charge the same price for natural stone and ceramic tile showers do they?
10. Do you seal the tap penetrations?
11. How do you seal the shower screen and what sealant do you use?
12. How long is your guarantee for?
Cheaper guys are usually 5 – 7 yrs. (ours is 12 Years).
Do they offer an extended guarantee for an additional cost??
It is our philosophy, do it right and do it once, take the extra time should it be required.
We do not compromise on quality.
Are the competitors saying that if you pay more money you get a better job?
We want our shower repair and resealing to be affordable to our clients, but we do not compromise on quality.